The Open U.P.P.E.R. is complete, and has been ridden approximately 300 miles. I absolutely love this bicycle. Whether using the 3T wheels with 700 x 33c Challenge tires, or with the Stan’s Valor 650b wheels running WTB Horizon tires, the bike is an absolute blast. Following is a list of everything used on the project with a direct link to each manufacturers website. I spent many hours contemplating exactly what I would use, and without exception, I am very pleased with my choices. This is a brilliant piece of machinery, and I can’t recommend it highly enough.
2017 Open U.P.P.E.R
• Shimano Dura-Ace ST-R9170 Di2 Hydraulic Levers & Disc Brake Calipers
• Shimano Dura-Ace SM-RT900 Rotors (160mm front and 140mm rear)
• Shimano SC-MT9051 Di2 Digital Display Unit
• Shimano XTR Di2 RD-M9050 Rear Derailleur
• KMC X11SL-TI Gold Chain
• SRAM XG-1199 Cassette (10-42)
• Easton EC90 SL Crankset
• Easton Direct Mount Chainring (46T)
• HSC Ceramics Bottom Bracket
• Easton Cinch Power Meter
• Speedplay SYZR Ti Pedals
• Mcfk Stem (110mm)
• Easton E100 Handlebars (42cm)
• Mcfk Seatpost (27.2, 320mm)
• Berk Composites Lupina Padded Saddle )150mm)
• Cane Creek Headset
• Carbon-Ti Top Cap
• Tune Bottle Cages
• Abloc Water Bottles
• Garmin 1030 Cycling Computer
• Garmin Varia Rearview Radar Tail Light
• Garmin Varia UT800 Smart Headlight
• Stan’s Valor Pro (650b, Centerlock)
• WTB Horizon 47c Tires
• 3T Discus C35 LTD (700c, Centerlock)
• Challenge Almanzo Pro 700 x 33c Tires
• Carbon-Ti 12mm Thru Axles
Complete weight including pedals, computer mount, and bottle cages.
With Stan’s wheels : 17 lb 5 oz
With 3T Discus wheels : 16 lb 3 oz
What a gorgeous assembly!!! I want this!!!
It is really the most fun I’ve had on a bike in a long while. Being able to seamlessly switch from road to dirt and back to road again makes for the ultimate ride.
This looks like an absolute dream of a bike. I’m looking for something more versatile and this looks just the ticket (but I might have to dial down the levels on some of the components). Happy riding!